Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

semaj4712

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
i am that same person, didnt know which forum to post under so i put it in both

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
Next time, only make one thread. You can request a thread be moved by contacting a moderator.

I'd try burning under a different user account.

semaj4712

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
i did same results, ive tried restarting shuttign her down for awhile, nothing seems to work, is there a way to reinstall the drivers for them

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Los Angeles
Back your stuff up on a Harddrive..

Or if the stuff is small enough.. open a gmail account or use your e-mail account and send yourself the stuff

semaj4712

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
isnt there ways around reinstalling mac os i mean i know ive installed drivers for my external when i bought it, isnt there a way i can reinstall them?

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Los Angeles
It's the easiest way... You can google around.. But.. If you haven't done it in a while.. it's worth doing it anyways..

semaj4712

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
not when u have 250 gb of harddrive space used for clientel and the final cut files are all based on the harddrive so relocating everything would be a bitch, not to mention all the programs that wont transfer because they can only be on the root hard drive

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
not when u have 250 gb of harddrive space used for clientel and the final cut files are all based on the harddrive so relocating everything would be a bitch, not to mention all the programs that wont transfer because they can only be on the root hard drive
Don't worry, you can do an archive and install. This saves all of your current files so that you won't lose anything.

That said, not having a backup when you have such an important collection of data is more than a bad idea. You need to find a way to make a backup sooner rather than later, and external hard drive would be a very good investiment. I know I've purcahsed one, after two hardware failures.

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
Pop in the OS X disc, just like any ther installation (hold down c to boot from it), and follow along making sure you select Archive and Install as the installation method.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.