Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syrinx32123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2011
Hello,

I spilt water on my macbook and it lost all power and then instantly died. I let it sit for a few days and it dried out. Now when I turn it on, the LED light illuminates and I can hear the computer working on the inside. However the screen stays black. I removed the hard drive and try to reboot the computer and now I get a white screen. But still nothing else will happen.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix my computer?

Thank you:eek:

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
You removed the hard drive and expected the computer to boot? How could it boot with no hard drive?

water is one of the fastest and messiest ways to fry the logic board.

gadgetgirluk

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2011
England
9 times out of 10 its the logic board. The other way of checking is to start the computer up and shine the torch light through the apple on the case and if you can see your background appear faintly on the screen then its the logic board part and to do with the backlight bit on the logic board which has blown I believe.

Just happened to me although I could see the background when I shined a torch, had to send the logic board off for repair.

Hope that helps a tad :)

discounteggroll

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2006
Greenwich, CT
You removed the hard drive and expected the computer to boot? How could it boot with no hard drive?

water is one of the fastest and messiest ways to fry the logic board.

even with no HD the computer is expected to boot to some screen (folder usually circle with cross through it, a folder w/question mark if it's a bad HD). The fact that it's a completely blank screen even after a few minutes suggests something more (i.e. logic board)

try connecting an external display or turning up/down the volume.

my guess is logic board however. Where are you located?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.