Blast... just ran out of room on my 20gb iPod :(

Discussion in 'iPod' started by spaceballl, Jun 9, 2005.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Anyone know when new updates are probably going to be announced for iPods? I might as well wait it out... Summer maybe?

-Kevin

2. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I know how you feel...I'm now up to around 33 or 34 gigs of music for my 30 gig ipod...I'm a big fan of being able to have every song I own with me at all times...I'm holding out though, b/c I love my old 3rd gen model...

3. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I would think we'd get an update sometime in the next few months at least.

I'm approaching 17GB on my 20GB iPod. I know there's no reason why I need to have every song in my collection with me at all times, but I hate the thought of having to prune back or choose certain songs to leave out.

I figure I'll pick up a new iPod later this summer and pass this one along to my daughter, who recently had hers stolen.

4. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Just curious how many songs you have on your iPod at maximum? I know it has to do with song bit rate. My 3,051 songs is 13.98GB.

6. panphage macrumors 6502

7. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I have used 31.24GB of space on my 60Gb iPod Photo, with 4874 tracks, mostly in 256kbps aac, but some other older tracks, (which for one reason or another I no longer have the originals), are in lower rates.

I know I could easily fill my iPod even taking the bitrate down to 192, but there are a lot of albums I listen to extremely rarely, so I don't clutter my hard drive up with them. I just don't know how some people cope with a 4GB mini, or how I got along properly with my MiniDisc player.

8. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

I'm at 17 gig with a 20 gig capacity but I've got my iPhoto library backed up on it so I have about 11 gig of music.

Don't want to part with it either... Old school scroll wheel purchased January 2003 - best purchase I've ever made second only to my sleek TiBook.

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm at roughly 55GB with a 40GB iPod which is only fitting about 6500 of my songs at the moment because I keep some work backed up on it too. Does anyone know if it's bad to have a full iPod in the same way it's bad to have a full hard drive in a computer?

10. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I am still tempted to try and pick up a cheap scroll wheel. I like the idea of a mechanical wheel, very nice indeed. It's nostalgia heaven. :rolleyes:

11. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

My 60gb iPod is totally full!! I desparately need more space. I'm waiting for the 100gb iPod ;)

12. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Is that the one that supports H.264 and has OS X preinstalled? :)

13. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I don't know for sure, but I can tell you that my 30gig iPod has been full for probably a year now and I haven't had any problems with it...

14. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

You actually had this done on your iPod? How did it go? I'd be skeptical of sending it off like that. Was it damaged at all (scratches or anything else) from the 'surgery?'

15. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

im at about 17GB on my 30GB 3G iPod. I love keeping my entire collection on my iPod, because then I always have a backup of my music incase my powerbook's HD dies, or if I need to format and install OSX.