Blazing Angels Online for Wii or a Cruel Joke?

Discussion in 'Games' started by zap2, Mar 18, 2007.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Well I've been looking at some games to pick up for the Wii this week...so I went to gamestop.com and looked at games shipping this week. The ones that caught my eye were Cooking Mama, The Godfather and Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII. So I've came to only allow myself to get Cooking Mama and the Godfather, but then I saw Ubisoft's site. http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=17264&promo=bawiiwb

It had the box for Blazing Angels and in the corner there was the Nintendo Wi-Fi logo...I also saw the same box art on target.com. So if this a big mistake, joke or if the Wii getting online this week?

I'll attach the picture of the box art from Ubisoft's site

Attached Files:

2. zane macrumors 6502

If they do announce this game for online play then that would be great seeing as I was already thinking about picking it up.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I hope so. By the time this hits Europe I'll be able to play proper online games in the living room. Right now the fireplace surround is made from brick and DESTROYS WiFi signals. haha. good timing, if true.

What did the box ever do to you :(

4. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

Maybe lied to me...we'll find out in 2 days!

But yeah, I'll fix that:)

5. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Online play would be great and I would buy it for that aspect alone, if not, I woud try it out first. I would like to play some Wii games with my rural friend.

<]=)

6. ninewhereman macrumors member

Supposedly Wii was supposed to go online in March. This would definitely match what I had heard earlier. Can't find the article that references a March being the month it goes online, but will link if I do.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The Wii's already online in Japan (heck, since December!) thanks to Pokemon. Why not?

I'd only be surprised that it's not a first party game that goes online first.

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It has NO online features.

http://wii.qj.net/Ubisoft-No-online-play-for-Blazing-Angels-Wii/pg/49/aid/85153

http://www.wiiwii.tv/2007/03/06/blazing-angels-is-online-wait-oh-no-its-not/

Wow, could SNK be telling *gasp* the truth!!¿¡¡¿¡¡¿

Wii Online Am Cry..

Ed

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I doubt SNK was telling the truth, but I'll continue to say it; we're not going to have any online third party games until Nintendo gets a first party game out there. At this rate, the first one is going to be either Pokemon Battle Revolution, Super Mario Strikers Charged, or BWii.

Pokemon is tentatively scheduled for June 25th by IGN's (often innaccurate) listing. I'd say that's the soonest to expect online play :(

This is incorrect; Smash Bros, Strikers, and BWii have all been stated to have online play, and BWii's LAN capabilities were demoed at Leipzig.

However, Pokemon is the only one to even have a suggested release date, so it'll probably be the first.

10. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Smash bros, really? God that would be so awesome if it was online!

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Even if it was online which it isn't it does not change the fact that Blazing Angels is an utter s**t game.

12. pcypert macrumors 6502

No MRU...it would have a double wammy: tacked on controls AND wifi...no game has both of those yet so it'd be a must buy for sure :D

It is kind of silly to have that image and all this hoopla. I still can't decide if I want to buy the US or Jap model Wii....I could be testing out the wifi solution if I went Jap...but not sure I could read everything :D

Paul

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is stupid...why couldn't Nintendo get with the program and have nintendo wifi on the wii up and running by now...something that is norm now in the gaming world we have to beg for from nintendo...come on N you are the king of multiplayer!:mad:

Pokemon.....looks like I woun't be experiencing online play on the wii anytime soon.

Bless

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nintendo said at E3 2005 it was online, and they've said it a couple times since.

15. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Nope. Nothing official right now.

16. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

Why not Nintendo?

They already have a network in place for the Nintendo DS, so why can't they use that for the Wii? :confused: