Bleh! Its too late for this Sh*t

Discussion in 'Community' started by e²Studios, Sep 10, 2005.

1. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Ok so i get a call around 7pm to come in around 4am to finish some things off in the office for a high visibility project.... It's now 4:45am I have driven 55 minutes to be here (I got here at 4am like they asked), I'm tired and the effin person that has to be here isnt even here. To make matters worse his phone is off, a co-worker and i are sitting here twiddling our thumbs since we cant start without him and BLAH!

If you are going to drag people out at 3am and make them drive 55 minutes to get to the office you should be here when you say you will be! Or better yet leave your damn phone on so if you happen to fall asleep you can be woken up and.. meh..

ok i feel better after venting </rant>

Ed

2. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

Little fresh air in the morning will do good to you. :D
    I am sorry man, some people have problems with being on time. Other are just a**holes and don't give a damn about others so they do what ever pleases them.
    You now have a long day ahead of yourself. Grab a cup of coffee and relax.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why would he leave his phone on, so someone can interrupt his nights sleep?

Its worse when the person who is late leaves his phone on, but he slept in and left his mobile on vibrate by accident so nobody can hear it. Classic.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

So now we all want to know....

What kind of project requires you to be @ work @ 4am???

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

To vent is good, glad that you feel better now Ed H. That is one of my pet peeves, people that don't show up when promises. It is discourteous. Even more so with a special request like this.

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

You have waited 55 minutes for him? I would have been long gone after 20 minutes late and unable to get a call to this person. I hope you are getting paid extra for this.

Next time tell this person that you aren't leaving your home until he calls from a work phone telling you he's ready. Tell him you want to see the work phone number flash across your caller ID.

lol

7. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

...and I b*tch because I get woken up at 11pm on a Saturday to go do some work. :rolleyes:

8. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

:eek: OMG! Saturday night is really hard.

9. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

I'm getting snippets of Office Space floating through my head.

10. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

just look at it like an adventure..you probably won't get to be in the office at that time of day very often in the future. Explore, go through people's stuff...................find places you haven't been to..........order a pizza. etc.

11. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

I should do that more often...

12. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Where do you order a pizza at 4am? Everywhere around me is closed at that time. Are there actually places you can order pizza at 4am?

13. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

hmmm....i'm pretty sure there are 24 hour pizza places..i mean people smoke weed at all hours of the night...they're sure to get hungry.

14. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    hmmm.... must be in college towns or something then.

15. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

best movie ever. sorry about your work sit. next time bring a sleeping bag and a pillow.

16. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

scratch that...i asked my friend about it and he said he just heard on the radio last week some people complaining about the inability to get a good pizza past 1am...

i guess you could always buy a frozen but that's no fun.

17. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

And there's always McDonalds drive through. I know its not everybody's favourite place to go, but if you need a snack, there's the last option.

19. e²Studios thread starter macrumors 68020

e²Studios

We ended up waiting till 5:30am when he finally decided to show up (he had been gambling all night and got home late). We kicked off a job and took off for some food. We decided to go to a local Denny's which wasnt my first choice but i figured whatever... After we ordered some asshat decided to head out the door with huge "emergency exit only" stickers on it, then after the alarm went off proclaimed he didnt see said stickers that were plastered all over the door. The manager wasnt there and we had ordered so we essentially ate with this alarm going off. One headache later and crappy food in system i headed back to the office. Things went smooth until around 8:30am when said late person decides that he has other things to do (non work related) and takes off for the day... At that point i didnt need him anymore since the vendor was there and i got the key i needed from him. I finished up around 1:30pm headed home had a few beers and passed out on the couch watching Finding Nemo...

Yay for weekends from hell...

Venting does help....

Ed

20. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Ouch! That is pretty bad..

Could this day get any worse....? ;)

*Waits for even worse things to happen*