Blind driver denies dangerous driving

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Sep 11, 2006.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    How can you deny dangerous driving when you're f**king blind??? Believe.
  2. calculus Guest

Dec 12, 2005
    I saw this earlier. I love the bit about being banned for three years and having to take an extended test - I'd imagine that would last as long as "Read the number plate." I know there are degrees of blindness but this guy lost both his eyes!
  3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    Reminds me of that blind bloke who did the timed lap on Top Gear - if memory serves he conjured up a faster time than Richard Whitely and a couple of other slow-coach celebrities... still, I wouldn't like to encounter him on the roads either. :p
  4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Geez, no wonder they have Braille on the drive-up Automated Teller Machine. Of course, if they run into the building first, there may be a problem.

I'm not sure how anyone can consider that having no sight, even limited sight, is not dangerous.
  5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Jun 11, 2003
    Madison, Alabama
    A few years back, one of my young nieces participated in a contest at school to create a safety-themed poster. Sophia's poster was entitled, "Blind People Shouldn't Drive." When her mother tried to reason with her, "But Sophia, they wouldn't drive!", Sophia would become increasingly agitated and reply, "Well, they shouldn't!" She really didn't understand why no one appreciated this valuable safety tip of hers. :D
  6. OllyW Moderator

Staff Member

Oct 11, 2005
    The Black Country, England
    From an earlier report:

Pc Edge said: "I asked him if he could see me. He removed the dark-coloured sunglasses he was wearing and I could clearly see he was blind as he had no eyes."

7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    What a sad story -- seems like it's someone who's just trying to recover himself. :(

Driving blind must be pretty exhilirating up until you wreck ...
  8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    I understand that he was blind in both eyes.

I understand that he has only 3 fingers.

I understand that he has leg tremors and is partially deaf.

But why is the fact that him and his friend were Iraqis mentioned like 3 times? :confused:
  9. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    To help us to laugh at him. Those poor, uncivilized brown people. One can only say "Tut, tut" and pity him.
  10. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

May 6, 2006
    Newcastle UK
    thats more stupid than giving a 12 year old a 3 year driving ban!!! its absolute waste of time they arent allowed to drive anyway so u ban them from doing something they cant do anyway??? WTF???:eek:
  11. n8236 macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2006
    Ahahahahah, that's awesome! That's like a deaf guy complaining about loud music.
  12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Why pity him? It's OK to be brown and living in England. It's not like he's black or anything.