Blizzard betas new vertion of WC III, chance to get into the wow beta. Mac clan!

Discussion in 'Games' started by LoadRunner, Apr 16, 2004.

1. LoadRunner macrumors member

If you haven't herd, blizzard has set up a test server for the latest version of WC III. http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-ladder-competition.aspx?gateway=westfall It is a chance to use new units, and a chance to get into the WoW beta.

I'd like to start a mac clan, partially because the beta's focus is on the new ladder features. Pulse it be a chance to meet other mac users, and punk some pc users. ;) Every one is invited. I'll be in channel "Mac" today (the 16th) at noon california time. If your not able to come, but are interested please contact me at aim: demegod or on the blizzard beta server: lostfile401.

It takes 7 or 9 people to start a clan, little patience waiting for every one may be needed.

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

so the WOW beta is available to Mac users as well?

hhmmm... it's tempting... but i don't think i have that sort of time to put into the comp. and i'm in Aus here... so i'd have to be up at all kinds of hours to play with you guys. :p

3. Zenith macrumors 6502

Zenith

Actually, it doesn't always require a lot of people to create a clan... Me and Tiauguinho created "Team G5" (www.TeamG5.com) and started from scratch with only ourselves as the only members. Now we've got about 20 active members and it's running along great! :)

The reason I'm writing this is because it's possible and very likely that we'll create sub-divisions of our clan in the near future. Currently we're only playing the UT2kX series, mostly UT2k4, and we've also entered the Onslaught Spring League on TeamWarfare.com. We're a very good and organized clan, and if we could gather enough WCIII players it would make a good base for a Team G5 division. I know that some of our existing team members play WCIII as well, so they might join.

Hope you're interested!

4. LoadRunner thread starter macrumors member

I mentioned the 7 or 9 players, because thats the blizzard in game requirement to make a clan. If any one showed up, they probable notes I wasn't there. Some thing came up. If any one interested please let me know.

5. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

You're right about the requirement, I think it's 10 people to start one.

P-Worm

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

yep, i was reading up on clans and it is 10 people to start a clan.

Zenith, good to hear you might start a WCIII clan! :D you can count me in... but i've just got to find somewhere that sells the WarCraft III Battlechest. i've got to actually purchase the game. ;) it's surprising that not many places here seem to stock it...

come on WCIII players!! we need you!

7. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I stopped playing WC III once I placed in the top 200 1v1 and top 100 in ffa. It's way too stressful for me :D I need games that I can relax at, I got enough stress studying and writing exams and stuff.
    But I'd be in for some UT2k4 and WoW once I decide on a new powerbook. I just can't decide whether I want a 12" or a 15"... oh well I'll wait for some benchmarks and then decide.
    But I hope you find some people, clans have always been fun.

8. LoadRunner thread starter macrumors member

shame, cause we could use player like you. I use to be really good at ut, q3a and I switched to wc III because I found q3a to be too stressful, and it took way to much time to maintain 85% ac.

9. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

Zenith, LoadRunner what's happening with the WCIII clan? is it still going ahead?

i'm going to have WCIII be the end of the week probably... and i'll by dying to play online, and i guess it'd just be alot more fun in a clan. :D

i don't know how much time i'd be able to set aside so i can play, probably only on weekends, i'm pretty busy at college now.

but you can count me in! :D

just let me know what's happening about it...

10. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

They have clan ladder coming soon so that should make things interesting, I really can't do a clan until I get a new Computer, that might not be until the summer, its a bummer really, my comp just lags too much to make playing warcaft 3 any fun.

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I'd play. I'm lvl 15 and play quite a bit on US East.

12. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

Macmaniac, just keep spreading the word... hopefully you'll have a clan to join when your new compy arrives! :D

QCassidy352, so you're a definite. good stuff. :)

i'm in Australia... so if there's any other people around the world, come on and join. i'm just worried now that i'll never get to play with your guys because of the time difference. :p

but keep spreading the word everyone...

13. joshuajestelle macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I'm in.

I play under Interrupt on US East usually, but I've been on Westfall lately.

Josh

14. joshuajestelle macrumors regular

I'm going to start hanging out in Channel "macrumors" on whatever server I'm on.

Lets meetup there.
    Josh

15. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

hey, im up for it!! Level 8 RT 4v4 on US West, Level 11 RT 4v4 US East, Level 3 RT 4v4 on Westfall just gimme a date and time and i'll hopefully be there

16. joshuajestelle macrumors regular

So to help organize folks, I've setup an email list and a webpage.

Webpage: http://joshestelle.com/clan.html

PM me your email address and I'll add you to the mailing list and the webpage.

Or AIM joshuajestelle.

Josh

17. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I'm up for a clan! However, I have to make a point that if I do join a MR clan and a [G5] subdivision is created for warcraft III, I will stay w/ Team G5. But for now, let's do it! Where do I sign up? Now that I have a faster computer, I won't be afraid to play!

18. tofi macrumors newbie

count me in

i would like to join too
    i was ranked top 250 in war3 team games then stoped playing tft but i count on playing a lot starting next week

19. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

okay, so we've got about 6 or 7 people now... nearly there. although lets not stop at 10... it would be great to get even more people! :D

20. nargot macrumors regular

ok i'm in

21. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I can manage to sign on at least once a month. Im in.

22. joshuajestelle macrumors regular

So people are posting saying they're in, but we don't have any efficient way to contain everyone and get this organized so we can start it up.

So please goto this website:

http://joshestelle.com/clan.html

If you're already on that list, then AIM or PM any additional details and your *email* address so I can add you to a mailing list.

If you're not on that list, then AIM or PM me: your WC3 name, the server you play on, your AIM name, and your email address.

So far I only have an email for nargotx.

Thanks,
    Josh

23. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I will try to setup a new account sometime next week, I need to get my disks back from my friend. I will probably not play, but I will sign in so we can get the clan going! I'll PM joshuajestelle when I get my account up.

24. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

if anyone actually does something: I'm MentalFabric on USEast

25. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

MentalFabric, we are actually doing something. :)

now, you've got to do something. :p to help get this going, could any people who will definitely be in the clan please contact joshuajestelle, either by that name on AIM, or PM via Mac Rumors.

then you'll be added the the MacRumors WarCraft III Clan page: http://joshestelle.com/clan.html. and if you are already on that list, could you let joshuajestelle know your email address so we can keep everything organized. :)

hhmmm... i might also go recruiting on other Mac forums... :D

remember, we're not aiming to only get 10 members, we want lots more, the MR clan will flourish! :D