Blizzard to announce... something.

Discussion in 'Games' started by dubbz, Oct 7, 2005.

1. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Check out battle.net.

It seems to be rotating between images from Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft, and gives the date "10.7.05". All of the eyes seem to have the WoW world orb on them. It could be that they're announcing the WoW expansion, but people already know about that one (that it's coming, not details of it).

Hmmm.....

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

As long as it's not Warcraft related....

I love Starcraft, and I love Diablo, but for some reason I just can't get into or understand this Warcraft and WoW stuff. My roommate plays WoW every minute that he's not at class or work (even sleep takes lower priority), so it must be at least somewhat intriguing. I just don't get it though.

3. dubbz thread starter macrumors 68020

dubbz

I play WoW all the time too (I can sleep when I'm dead ;)), and I love Warcrat, but I too hope it's nothing related to that. The last things they did was Warcraft (WoW and WCIII+expansion). A sequel to Starcraft whould be very cool, but I've somewhat lost interest in the RTS genre, so I'm personally hoping for a sequel to Diablo :D

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Yes, yes! Though I occasionally read diabloii.net, and I recall news to the effect that the Blizzrd North team (those that headed up Diablo and Diablo 2) have all left the company.

Maybe it will be a completely new game!

5. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

If you refresh it enough you get .999~ =1 a reference to an April fools joke when they announced starcraft.

6. dubbz thread starter macrumors 68020

dubbz

That's true... If I'm not mistaken many of them are with Flagship now, working on Hellgate London. And what's left of North was merged with the Blizzard ("South") some time ago.

Got the .999~ =1 thing, but I just though it was an error or something. :eek:

Maybe Starcraft 2 then?

7. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Well maybe but I would think they would have waited for blizzcon I am betting on a ladder reset or SC ghost release date.

8. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Well, I don't know the blizzard art work too well, but it seems that Starcraft is represented more than the other games. There is at least one character from each of the Starcraft races, but not of each Diablo class or Warcraft clan.

9. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

If Starcraft 2 is announced, they have my money. Same with a Diablo III. I really hope they make Starcraft 2, though, because Warcraft wasn't really my kind of thing.

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

well, it 10 7 05 and nothing, eh?

what happens if tomorrow it says 10 8 05 ?

:p

D

11. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

12. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

There are really only 3 options.
    Diablo 3
    Warcraft 5
    Starcraft 4

Diablo is most likely, as it hasn't been milke... I mean "refreshed" in a while.

I still stand by the fact that Blizzard is the crack dealer of games. None of their games are amazing, at least not in comparison to other similar games. They don't warrant the amount of sales they get. However, Blizzard games are hella addicting, which is why I still play W3. Don't get me wrong, they are good games, but not as good as they should be.

~Cheers,
    Earendil

13. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

i have yet to get a diablo image though, mostly starcraft for me

14. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Diablo 3, please.

Please?

Blizzard always focuses on gameplay above technical or visual matters, which is why their games are so fun and addicting. Plus their commitment to the Mac is one of the best of all the game developers

15. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

However they (aside from Diablo, and WoW, which I haven't much experience with) aren't sophisticated games. The number of unique approaches and strategies to the games are fairly limited. Now this can be a plus or a bonus, depending on wether you like/enjoy simple games, or like the challenge of using tactics.

~Earendil

PS
    Note I never said they were fun games, I said they were addicting ;)
    I only ever play DOTA when I play W3, because it offers the most team work and differences in personal strategies across the timeline of the game.

16. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I only have a great deal of experience with Diablo II and in that game the number of different character strategies is vast. Play strategies are fairly limited but I would argue that Diablo is a game whose point is more fiddling with character setup and pvp duelling online than playing through the game - especially since the game is 6 years old. (wow, has it been that long? :eek: )

I've never played WoW but starcraft and warcraft felt sort of the same as Diabo II - they have immense replay value.

17. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Well, it IS 10 / 7 / 05, so either something is coming out today, or it's just going to change days along with the date. That means either "something cool is coming at sometime" :rolleyes: , or, "Hey, we have a cool way to show you the date in case you play WoW way too much"

18. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

19. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i too would like to see Starcraft 2. I feel it is a long over due sequal to one of the best games ever made. ;)

please no more mmorpgs 1 is enough :p

20. roberts macrumors newbie

Starcraft for the Nintendo DS :) That would be cool indeed.

21. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Yeah it would and because they had it for 64 it should be an easy port...

22. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

please let it be Diablo 3, i loved diablo 1 & 2.
    I would be really messed up if it was just a intro screen to their site that tells you the date!

23. efoto macrumors 68030

Dually noted, and globally agreed by sales and such. Where is Shard when we need him?
    Even though he is newly married, I bet SC2 would get some play time despite his busy schedule ;)

I'm hoping on SC2. WC has been overused and WoSC would be far to similar to WoW (different races and whatnot, but how different are MMORPGs anyway? :confused: ) so I am assuming either SC2 or D3....but I want SC2.

24. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

I'm hoping for Starcraft 2, I remember hearing that the Diablo universe was concluded. Unfortunately, since it's the battle.net site with the message and not Blizzard's home site, we probably shouldn't get our hopes up, as it will probably not be a new release.