Blluetooth PC Card for TiBook

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by TiGeuse, Jul 18, 2002.

1. TiGeuse macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2002
    Ti 667/512... Will the bluetooth in OS 10 work with one of these Bluetooth PC Cards I see for sale??
  2. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Sep 18, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Somebody on Apple's discussion boards said he tried it and it caused a kernel panic, so I'd guess that's a "no."

On the other hand, it sounds like pretty much any brand of USB dongle works fine, so you don't have to order the D-Link from Apple.
  3. TiGeuse thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2002
    o.k. thanks, i'll go look around some more. i don't want the the usb thumbdongle, because i iwould like to be able to close the port cover when i connect to cell phone and ti is on seat of car (work). one of the cards i saw goes flush into the (laptop) and has a little pop out antenna, which looks perfect for accidentally breaking off... but i would only be using it for a couple minutes and would be real careful (mom!). thanks again, though.... anybody else? (oh yeah, i wonder if i can do any of this with os 9.... i took 10 off of here until jag comes out - hopefully it will be more "mature"? - 10 and the Unix is great, just seemed a little sluggish, and had audio issues in 10).