Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I just saw that you can block a caller thru the phone app in iOS7. I have been begging and waiting for a feature like this for years. I've been using YouMail to block callers, but it doesn't really block them, I can just set up a "phone disconnected" message for spammers.

This is pretty incredible and I'm very excited to finally block spammers. I don't recall my old Note 2/Android having this feature. This is definitely something that will keep me in Apple's camp if they are the only ones who have it.

Is this new in iOS7?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Yeah I was playing around with it, guess I got excited too soon. Even callers with caller ID still get voicemail access. I'd love a feature where you could truly block callers and have them never show up on call history, voicemail, etc.

Most of my spam is from non blocked numbers. The past couple of years has seen a huge increase in spam from midwest numbers for those credit card services spammers, I would assume they are spoofing numbers or something.

stisdal

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
USA
Yeah I was playing around with it, guess I got excited too soon. Even callers with caller ID still get voicemail access. I'd love a feature where you could truly block callers and have them never show up on call history, voicemail, etc.

Most of my spam is from non blocked numbers. The past couple of years has seen a huge increase in spam from midwest numbers for those credit card services spammers, I would assume they are spoofing numbers or something.

If you are in the USA, you can call the National "Do Not Call Registry", it will make it illegal for solicitors to call that number. I have done this, and it does work... Don't have the number in front of me, but I'm sure you can Google it...

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
If you are in the USA, you can call the National "Do Not Call Registry", it will make it illegal for solicitors to call that number. I have done this, and it does work... Don't have the number in front of me, but I'm sure you can Google it...

Lol, I've been registered with that for years. It doesn't do much IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.