Block on MSN

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by oldschool, Oct 18, 2004.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

is there any way for someone to figure out that i've blocked them on msn?

also is there any way, if i have a mac, to figure out if someone has blocked me?

or is block foolproof.

i remember in my icq days I made myself invisible to lots of people..and they somehow found out.

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i'm sure there will be some app that will let you find out. in fact i remember someone finding out that i had blocked them a while back.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

4. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

There are some websites that will allow you to type in an msn account and will tell you if it is online or not.

5. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

When you block a person, they just appear offline to you.

It might just be me, but MSN Messenger, is the best IM program I've used.

6. chrisblore macrumors regular

I am inclined to agree. Although it does have security issues (as we have all come to expect with Microsoft :rolleyes: ), the majority of my friends use it and there is no point in using a different program if you don't have anyone to talk to, such is the state of Microsoft's monopoly on most things computing these days!

7. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I find myself split between MSN/AIM but I have accounts on Yahoo and ICQ. Most of the services have their own perks.

ICQ allows offline messaging (as does Yahoo if I remember correctly). MSN/AIM offer display pictures and games (not currently mac compatible). ICQ gives you a crappy, numerical, way to identify yourself while MSN and AIM let you have a bit more imagination. MSN strikes me as a bit buggy. Adium (the chat program I use, www.adiumx.com) used to show all the errors MSN produced which are hidden in the official client. About 5-10 times a day I saw a 'switchboard' error.

8. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool