Blog with strong words

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bern, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

One of my friends this morning sent my to this Blog. Powerful words. I'll be interested to see what it turns out to be.

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I had no idea Gloria Jeans was an international franchise.

The woman and I, back in our dating days, always used to get the Mint Chocolate Bomb chiller. It was disgusting in a wonderful sort of way.

3. Bern thread starter macrumors 68000

Bern

Gloria Jeans tend to nicer than Starbucks here in Australia IMO.

Interesting Blog though, be interested to read what else this dude has got to say.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Having never seen or heard of her only until now and with very limited research it seems as though the thought of Clover Moore actually leading a group of people into thinking she was for everyone and more specifically "committed to consulting and working with the community to fight prejudice, inequality and violence," I'd have to say that she is not the cause of the problem but she doesn't seem to be a part of the solution. You cannot blame this group of people and their determination to bring down Oxford St. on her, but you can certainly blame her if she does not try to enhance policing of the area. You cannot deport (if they are not citizens) them just because they do not claim to be Australian.

You're right, they are strong words, but they're strong because they're very emotional (understandably). I believe where this would go is just down a path of destruction of two races or two schools of thought.

5. Bern thread starter macrumors 68000

Bern

Luckily I don't live in that area or near it, but from what I remember a few years back Clover Moore was a huge advocate for the Sydney gay community making all kinds of promises based on her election success.

Well this person has made another comment there. Doesn't mince words either.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Aren't GJ's in Australia owned by Hillsong Church? That, and the fact their coffee is all crazy Starbucky stuff are the main reasons I avoid them like the plague.