Blogging Systems for your Website

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 3, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Didn't say much that I didn't know. I've been wanting to program my own blog for my web server, just to say I did, and for the educational experience. The article mentions a next article, but didn't sound like it's going to go into how to create your own, just where to get other people's blog tools.

The sad thing is I probably won't even use the blog I want on my site, I just want to know how it works. :cool:

3. macrumors 603

wordmunger

Interesting. I'm the opposite--I don't want to know how my blog works; I just want to use it!

4. macrumors 6502a

ibjoshua

I've installed both Nucleus and Gallery and if you can follow simple instructions they're both a walk in the park.

i_b_joshua

5. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

6. macrumors P6

wdlove

They are both very interesting sites, thanks for the link. I like simple instructions i_b_joshua.

7. macrumors 6502a

simX

iBlog!

For those who only have a .mac account or a server that doesn't allow scripting (e.g.: PHP) access, all of the blogging programs mentioned won't work. I highly recommend iBlog in these cases, especially since it uses templates to generate the static weblog XHTML files, and these templates are customizable to exactly how you want it.

Consider a theme similar to the default and one that I was able to accomplish simply by editing the templates that iBlog provides. Another benefit is that iBlog outputs, by default, valid XHTML, while some other similar weblogging programs don't.