BlogStudio for .Mac vs. iBlog

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ginopiazza49, Mar 11, 2004.

1. ginopiazza49 macrumors member

I am thinking of finally getting into the blog bandwagon. I do have a .Mac account therefore I was thinking of using either BlogStudio for .Mac or iBlog. Does anyone have opinions on which of the above blog applications is better intergrated with .Mac? In which application is it easier to enter and update your blogs in?

If there is something that I have not thought of, please let me know.

Also, does anyone know the real deal regarding iBlog and .Mac? Some people say that it is still a .Mac freebie while others say you must re-register it by paying for it. If iBlog is a .Mac freebie, how do you go about registering it?

2. New Guy macrumors member

I've been using iBlog for a while now. Purchased it not too long before Apple started giving it away. Hmmph! Anyway, I think it is a great app. Had a little trouble when I upgraded to Panther but everything is fine now. Haven't used BlogStudio but the interface and features look promising.

It is nice to have competition. If iBlog keeps updating and adding features I wouldn't see a need to switch.

My real hope is that Apple eventually integrates blog software into .Mac. Until then I say go with iBlog.