Blood on my Powerbook.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Sutekidane, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I cut myself and got blood on my powerbook (see sig) palm-rests, anyway I got the blood off with a cloth and water, but I'm looking for a way to disinfect it without harming the aluminum. Any ideas?

2. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Why were you using a knife near your powerbook, or was it the powerbook that bit you?

3. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

I wouldn't worry about it unles it's staining?
    Generally blood is not infectious - as it is inside your body! only if you were REALLY sick at the time would it even have a chance of being.
    It is actually the other way round - the external world can infect your blood - make sure to treat the wounds properly - use a anti-bactrial wipe and a band-aid.
    For your powerbook, turn it off, unplug it, take out the battery and use a slightly damp cloth with some washing-up liquid and just give it a wipe!
    Don't worry, as long as no-one licks dripping pools of blood from your palm rests will anyone get infected!
    Hope you get better, and be more careful!

P.S. - I'm really sorry if you meant you had HIV or AIDS or another infection carried in the blood. If so the above procedure should work, but you may wanna use a tiny bit of anti-bacterial cleaner too.

4. Sutekidane thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I'm considering putting rubbing alcohol on it, as a precaution. I dunno if that might cause problems or not.

5. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Why would you?
    As i said before, blood isn't infectious (usually). Most washing-up liquid has enough dissinfectant to kill all bugs in the blood if their not dead already)
    I don't understand? Has the blood stained? (I know it's the best thing for stains!)

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i wouldnt put anything corrosive anywhere near your pb, rubbing alcohol is iffy imo, i would just use an anti-bacterial disinfectant to be on the safe side, or a very light soap

7. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Diluted bleach 10:1 for at least 20 sec.
    should not harm the case but will kill almost anything

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

How could your own blood infect you? A nice wipe with a soft cloth dipped in warm soap water should be enough.