bloodrayne

Discussion in 'Games' started by shadowfax, May 29, 2003.

1. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

hey, i noticed this game awhile back and thought about checking it out. i didn't see any threads on it up, from searching for "bloodrayne." have any of you tried it? how would it run on my GHz tiBook, do you think?

also, i was just wondering if there is any kind of way i can get games to run without the CDs in the drive, i really hate that.

2. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

thanks for all your prompt replies. :rolleyes:
    i bought the game anyway, and it's pretty cool. it's like counterstrike meets the matrix meets oni (remember that badass anime game?). i enjoy it, though it's frightfully bloody. i could have used this game when i got rejected by that girl i liked about a month ago. it would have been a much better stress reliever than counterstrike... and i could have stayed on my mac...

3. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

creat a "master" disk image of the game with disk copy.

aethier

4. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

how do i do that? and then can i just mount it and run the game? i mean, i know how to make disk images, but what do you mean by "master?"

5. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

You can create a disk image using toast by draging the disk to disk copy and then go to File.... Save as disk image or simply hit Apple + D

Also

You can create one Via Disk Copy when you launch the app (it comes with OS X in the Utilities folder which im sure you know but Im telling you just in case) go to file....new....image from device then select the disk you want to image and hit the image button

hope this helps :)

I have played this game for Xbox and it does suck you in...

6. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

yeah, i am pretty familiar with disk copy. i didn't know toast could do it too. but disk copy is fine. wow, that's cool that you can trick it that easily. windows won't let you trick it with ISO's, hah! good stuff, this will let me play it on the road, as i refuse to play games that need CDs on the road.

can i start removing stuff from the dmg to save space, or does it have to be an exact copy?

7. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

I have never tried to remove things before, but I would think so... I think it might just look for a certain file or something on the image.... hmm now you got me wanting to know I will make one quick and see :D

8. job macrumors 68040

job

Make sure you create a DVD/CD Master copy from the pull-down options when creating a new disk image from the CD.

I would recommend keeping everything in the disk image.

[edit: oh, i also heard that you can't go higher than 640*480. is this true?]

9. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

Im using OS X and it wont let me delete things in the image (I am trying it on Diablo II LOD)

10. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

no way, dude. i can't tell what i am at. it's probably 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768... it looks great. not 1024 x 768 great, but seems much better than 800 x 600.

11. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

they are probably set to read-only dmg's because they are copies of CDs. if you change the settings in disk util, it will probably make it stop working.

12. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

13. job macrumors 68040

job

I dunno about that.

From what I've read it seems that Aspyr themselves admits that the resolution is stuck at 640*480.

14. job macrumors 68040

job

Looks like it is stuck at 640*480.

15. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

i guess you get used to it then. it looks fine on my powerbook. granted, it'd be bad for a bigger 17 or 20 inch screen... or a 23 :D

16. macdong macrumors 6502

macdong

it is.
    the game slows down a lot when you are in a big place, or when you play it for a while.
    i use a dual 867 PM G4 with 64MB Vram.
    the first time i play the game, the frame rate got to as low as 2/sec after i play straight from training to the level you have to chase a spider to find the nest.
    then, i quite the game and load the same level.
    and everything goes back to normal.
    so now i quit and restart the game every 2 or 3 levels.

17. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

i notice the same thing. it lags up like an online game after 45 minutes or so with me. it's the sys RAM. i exit the game and see my ram usage is at 1 GB completely. nothing free. restarting the game cleans it out, but the game is really crappy at cleaning itself out. bah! oh well, i can deal with it. not like it takes much time to beat anyhow.