Blu Ray in May...PS3 Soon?

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Mar 1, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I'd say, if the war begins much before PS3 is ready, then the war is pretty much lost before it ever heats up.
    I just hope we hear a firm price and release date by E3.

3. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm thinking they will release the PS3 a couple months after this launch...can't be too far behind.

Bless

4. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

IMHO, earliest is going to be Fall. Mid Summer launch = too busy for alot of people but Fall/Winter, you can convince parents for Xmas and such.

Personally, I hope they take their time and not rush it. Launch when they are totally read. God knows, I went through 3 360's. Please sony, take ur time :cool:

5. Striderdm1 macrumors regular

Striderdm1

sry to hear u had 3 360s wow :( It's a better machine than that, honest! I think this is the best thing MS have ever done. Tho i do await eagerly more news from sony. Choice of 3 for me later in the year, the Big N 4me though i hope! Undecided overall. Not too bothered about specs, it's games that make it of course :cool:

Strider

6. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

According to a Variety.com article, Howard Stringer has said that PS3 might not be ready for release until the holiday season 2006 (and thats probably a Japanese release :eek: )

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117939258?categoryid=1019&cs=1&s=h&p=0

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I don't see the PS3 being ready until Christmas, and that's probably the Japanese release date. I want Sony to ensure they "get it right", however delays don't exactly help sales and marketshare either. ;)

I don't think it will really matter once the dust settles though. I think a year/year-and-a-half from now we'll have a pretty good idea of who is leading in terms of popularity, marketshare, etc. between Sony, Micrsoft and Nintendo and then it won't really matter how delayed the PS3 ended up being... :cool:

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i know i won't be buying a PS3 at all. its the only system i have no interest in. down the road, with price drops i would consider a Xbox 360, although i'm thinking of going out and buying a Xbox right now, as i've never had one but kinda wanted one. maybe. looking forward to the revolution, although i don't see it being the king either. so i guess what i'm saying is that this whole generation of gaming seems pretty lackluster altogether so far.