Blue Coconut and MacBook PRO

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Blazer5913, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Blazer5913 macrumors 6502

Just got my Macbook Pro last week and downloaded all my third party apps I needed, including Blue Coconut (a savior in college). I never thought to "test" it out as it had always worked great for me. Yet when I boot it up now on my intel mac, it never gets past PLEASE WAIT... This is really frusturating b/c I use this program every day! Any help? Good alternatives? I have tried ourTunes but its so messy and grosss. Thanks

2. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

I'd say if you actually tried to solve this yourself you could have:

http://husk.org/apps/blue_coconut/

There is a big announcement there about your issue!

AND - I could be wrong but the program you are discussing here is actually doing something illegal and as such you shouldn't be discussing it here.

3. Blazer5913 thread starter macrumors 6502

no, i've read that FAQ. But if you actually read it, it basically says our program doesn't work in some cases, and we can't provide you with any help. I gaurantee plenty of people on here use this program (Which is not illegal, and if you want to argue that one too, go ahead), and I would assume many of the people who use it also have intel macs. Please, someone with an ACTAUL intelligent response? Thank you

4. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

If you read the FAQ properly you would see the following:

"The application never gets past "Please wait". Help!

I'm afraid there's not much that you can do about this. It's almost always caused by a delay in finding all the iTunes shared libraries on your local subnet. The underlying Perl library has trouble on large networks (such as college campuses) and with some server names. I intend to replace it with a more robust search routing in a future version."

5. Blazer5913 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did read this, many times. But there has to be something that people have done to get it to work on an intel mac. I am not on a college campus right now, but at my home. And if there is not, are there any other apps like it that are so neat and clean?