blue cursor on startup?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by shake, Jan 20, 2004.

1. shake macrumors regular

everytime i restart, my mouse cursor is blue. it turns black after a few clicks (anywhere from 0 to 5 clicks). has anyone else experienced this? running X.3.2 on a DP g4 533 w/ Radeon 32mb and Logitech iFeel mouse plugged right into the back of the computer.

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i'm sorry to say... but you might have to re-install Panther. it just might have to be one of those bugs...

3. shake thread starter macrumors regular

well...
    i have re-installed panther 2 or 3 times, and same thing. it even happens when i boot from the install disc.

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hhmmm... you could always search Apple KnowlegeBase. might be something there.

you could also try a hardware test from the CD, or try plugging your mouse into another USB port, like the ones on the keyboard.

must be getting frustrating. good luck. :)

5. shake thread starter macrumors regular

hi there.
    when i plug my mouse into the keyboard, it tells me that my mouse is drawing too much power from the usb bus, so i have to plug it into its own port on the back of the computer. i will try starting up with my orignal apple pro mouse (in the keyboard and into the back) and i will see what happens.

will also try the hardware test cd....

6. kaiserwilhelm macrumors newbie

My buddy hit some really crazy stuff with Panther this week. Freeze after freeze after screwy thing. Finally, pulled out all ram except what came with the machine - voila! Fixed.
    Apple knowledge base might have that already. I do not know. Just one frustration ended.

7. shake thread starter macrumors regular

i tried just the apple pro mouse into the keyboard. same thing.
    tried the apple hardware test cd, and that tested fine too.
    oh well. its not that big a deal.... the mouse turn back to normal (black) very shortly after the desktop loads, its just that i have never seen it on any other mac except this one.
    maybe video card? maybe not initializing properly? its a radeon 32mb. ?