Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
everytime i restart, my mouse cursor is blue. it turns black after a few clicks (anywhere from 0 to 5 clicks). has anyone else experienced this? running X.3.2 on a DP g4 533 w/ Radeon 32mb and Logitech iFeel mouse plugged right into the back of the computer.

shake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
well...
i have re-installed panther 2 or 3 times, and same thing. it even happens when i boot from the install disc.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
hhmmm... you could always search Apple KnowlegeBase. might be something there.

you could also try a hardware test from the CD, or try plugging your mouse into another USB port, like the ones on the keyboard.

must be getting frustrating. good luck. :)

shake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
hi there.
when i plug my mouse into the keyboard, it tells me that my mouse is drawing too much power from the usb bus, so i have to plug it into its own port on the back of the computer. i will try starting up with my orignal apple pro mouse (in the keyboard and into the back) and i will see what happens.

will also try the hardware test cd....

kaiserwilhelm

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2004
My buddy hit some really crazy stuff with Panther this week. Freeze after freeze after screwy thing. Finally, pulled out all ram except what came with the machine - voila! Fixed.
Apple knowledge base might have that already. I do not know. Just one frustration ended.

shake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
i tried just the apple pro mouse into the keyboard. same thing.
tried the apple hardware test cd, and that tested fine too.
oh well. its not that big a deal.... the mouse turn back to normal (black) very shortly after the desktop loads, its just that i have never seen it on any other mac except this one.
maybe video card? maybe not initializing properly? its a radeon 32mb. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.