Blue Dots Not Showing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kingdom23, Sep 21, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Blue dots which show up on recently updated and new apps are no longer showing up. Has anyone else got this problem?

2. macrumors member

They haven't showed up for me either. I have it set to auto-download updates. Maybe that is why the dots aren't showing up, as a bug. The only way I've noticed updated apps the past few days is via the ones changing their app icons to an iOS 7 look.

3. thread starter macrumors member

I also have auto download switched on and blue dots were showing up, until today.

4. macrumors 68000

adder7712

They do show up on mine.

5. thread starter macrumors member

Just discovered if I turn auto-update off, then blue dots appear.

6. MalusSylvestris, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

macrumors member

Surely that is the wrong way round for this to work? If you update manually then you know which apps you have updated so why do you need the dot? If you auto update then it would be handy to see which apps have updated.

Edit: or does it mean there is an update available but not installed?

7. thread starter macrumors member

I agree it is weird, maybe it is a bug?

8. macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

Not showing up for me either. Automatic updates are on.

9. macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I have auto-updates turned off. Mine still show up.

If they don't show up with auto-updates turned on, then I may just turn it on to get rid of them lol

10. macrumors 6502a

Isn't the idea that the blue dots are just there to alert you to the fact that an app has been updated automatically? If you then use the app and back out, next time you see the blue dot is when it gets updated next time around?

11. Guest

Concur. I find the blue dots extremely annoying because I manually update my apps. I really hate having to keep opening apps I barely use just to get rid of the dot.

12. macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

That's exactly what I do! I wouldn't be (so) annoyed if it wouldn't make apps names truncated..

13. macrumors 65816

djtech42

Sounds like it is reversed for you guys. Mine works in the opposite, more logical way. It shows dots for apps when they have been automatically updated.

Must be a bug with the toggling of that option. This is why 7.0.3 needs to come out soon!

14. macrumors P6

Happens all over the place. Sometimes manual updated apps will have them, other times they won't. Sometimes automatically updated apps will have them, sometimes they won't.

15. macrumors member

burgerking2

+1. I concur as well. I really dislike the blue dots. So I go opening and closing my apps to get rid of them. They just add unnecessary clutter.

16. macrumors 603

Max(IT)

Working fine for me with auto update off.

17. macrumors newbie

Blue dots won't show up on my iPhone 5 yet they will show up every time on my iPad 2. Anyone else have a similar issue? I tried it on my iPhone 5 with auto-update off and it still didn't show the dots, but everytime I download a new app on my iPad I see the blue dot.

18. macrumors 6502

On my iPhone I have auto update off- I get blue dots
    On my iPad I have auto update on- I do not get blue dots

I am pretty sure it has been this way since iOS 7.0

19. macrumors 65816

JaySoul

Mine aren't showing so going into Podcasts today confused the bejeesus out of me.

20. macrumors newbie

I do not work well. Two iphone 5 and ipad 2. Father's Iphone 4 work fine. I tried to say to Apple, but it is impossible for software errors...