Blue login screen :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maximus06, Nov 27, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

I recently tried to change my login screen wallpaper with some terminal command that I read somewhere, but it didn't work and now my login screen is "default" blue. I've tried changing it through various tweaks with no effect.

The thread here is the exact same thing: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1207134&tstart=0

The person claims he fixed it, but I don't know how he did it. I see no com.apple.loginwindow in my system/prefernces folder. Is this something you have to trash through terminal? If so, how?

2. macrumors regular

cornopaez

For some reason, some of the hacks posted around don't seem to work for everyone. I tried changing the login background and now it's blue as well. I also tried the one for the dock, changing the dock background for a darker one that looks better, but with no good outcome... it doesn't do anything.

I would definitively like to change the login background to match my current background... any suggestions out there?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Eh, I tried removing com.apple.loginwindow.plist through terminal in /system/lib/prefs but it doesn't do anything. Still am unable to set my login background.

4. macrumors 6502a

webgoat

i changed the defaultdesktop photo by downloading a picture from interfacelift.com and renaming it DefaultDesktop.jpg and placing it on my desktop then used command
    sudo cp /Users/myusername/Desktop/DefaultDesktop.jpg /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg

make sure the picture you are using is the correct resolution... in my case it was 1440X900

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Did that (again), doesn't do anything, the blue background stays. The picture i used is now in /system/lib/core/ but thats not the point here, I can easily replace that picture but the blue background stays. Its got nothing to do with the picture, this is something else. Read the thread link in my first post.

6. macrumors newbie

Blue login background fix.

I recently looked into this, and posted the solution on my website.

www.macmaster.me