Blue Man Group

Discussion in 'Community' started by EJBasile, Jun 1, 2005.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I went to a Blue Man Group concert last friday night in Boston at Charles Playhouse.

That was a very cool experience. And if you have never gone to one of there shows I strongly reccomend it. When I told people who have never heard of the Blue Men before they couldn't comprehend what they actually did. For those of you who don't know who they are go to Blueman.com (I've given up trying to explain)

It s incredible how they have that much energy to act, run jump, play music, and do all sorts of wierd stuff for an hour and a half.

Anyways this is just sorta random. I think there concerts are very fun. Tickets are like $50. I'm going to download the audio CD from iTunes. I only have one complaint- There stupid centrino commercials lol.

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i also saw it boston. its a great and very different show. I would recommend it to everyone!

3. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I saw The Complex Tour a couple of years ago in South Bend. Excellent show, and quite a bit different from the regular stage show. Being so close to Chicago, I keep trying to get to Briar Street, but I just can't seem to get tickets and the time on the same weekend!

I want a drumbone for my birthday...

4. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

5. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

I've seen them twice in Chicago at the Briar Street Theatre - wonderful experience. I've heard the Vegas show is supposed to be bigger and better - isn't that always the claim in Vegas? Has anyone seen a Vegas and non-Vegas Blue Man Group show who could confirm this or not? Thanks.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I've seen them twice for free. :D

One time they were the halftime act at a 49ers game

The other time they were doing a running show at the Edinburgh Festival. They started at Edinburgh Castle, moved down the Royal Mile, down to Waverley Bridge and along Princes St. People literally walked along with them watching while they interacted with various oil drums and parts of Edinburgh architecture... bizarre and a lot of fun!

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I love Blue Man Group. I saw them in New York Off-Broadway a year ago and was blown away. I'd defintely go see their show again - very original, exciting and creative. Well worth the price of admission! :cool:

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I saw them off Broadway 4 years ago and was amazed. Great entertainment :).

scem0

9. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I saw them in Las Vegas a few years ago. It was a replacement show since Cirque Du Soleil "O" was all sold out. It was still a fun experience and funny as heck to see some of the audience members get freaked out by chest squirting eatable liquids :D

At the end of the show, roles of paper (possibly toilet paper) went streaming down over the audience, covering everybody :D

Sorry feakbeak, I can't compare a Las Vegas show to an outside show.

10. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

No problem, your description alone helps out. Sounds similar to the shows I have seen already. One of my favorite parts was with the three big cards with different information and they flip them fast enough that you can't read all three you only have time to read one or maybe two if you are quick. I don't know why, but the way that did that with the messages they had just really struck me.

Seeing the show the second time really gave me a greater appreciation for the general theme they were trying to convey.

11. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I have always wanted to go see them, and like so many things; have not.

Didn't they get in some hot water with intel a couple of years back, they are the 3 blue skinned guys on the intel commercials, because much of their show was run on Macs?