Blue Screen Stock Footage

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by hugoreynolds, Jul 25, 2006.

1. hugoreynolds macrumors member

Hello folks, I'm looking for video clips available for use in your own projects that have been filmed over bluescreens, eg: a demolition ball flying through the air over a bluescreen, so I can superimpose the clip over my own video. anyone know where to look ?

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

you usually have to buy that type of video in bulk. Look in video magazines and such.

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

4. Mblazened macrumors regular

Good Idea

I'm glad you think so! My father is the mad genius behind Detonation Films. I share studio space with him- it's rough sometimes, I'll be working in my office, and suddenly... BOOM! the building shakes and smoke starts pouring in from under the doors, and i can hear him laughing maniacally as he readies his next charge.

He is always thinking of new ideas for stock footage. The wrecking ball idea is not a bad one! I'll pass that along to him.

Oh and while the downloads are slow right now, you can help alleviate that problem by going to the Donations page- we're saving up for a dedicated server.

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I probably will donate sooner or later, once I get one of my movies finished using that stock footage. Very cool website!!

6. Jopling macrumors 6502

Wow, this page is awesome, I can't wait to use some of this stuff in my next project. I've wanted an exploding head for so long. I hope he puts up a tutorial on how to use it properly though.

I've been thinking about this for a while, but I'd like to make a webpage with all tutorials for editing (mainly in FCP). I found that while in school no one knew how to do anything in final cut except for those that had their own editing station and went out on their own to learn. If you guys would be willing to make tutorials and send them to me with all your info I might be able to get a site together and put them all up.

7. hugoreynolds thread starter macrumors member

thanks very much, that site is just the kinda thing i was looking for and its pretty cheap compared to most places offering stock footage.

8. hugoreynolds thread starter macrumors member

i cant wait for your father to get hold of a wrecking ball, he seems like the kind of guy to actually do something like that! congrats on your site, i will be buying some of your stuff for sure.

9. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

Wow, it's a small world

10. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

11. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

12. bmb012 macrumors 6502

Wow, small world indeed! I wanted to recommend that page, but I couldn't remember the name of it. I'm sure there's plenty of video editors out there (me included) who would like to thank your dad.

13. Mblazened macrumors regular

Yes

He says i gave him the idea when i was making home movies with my friends and using novelty fireworks for explosions and smoke fx. He's brilliant with his special concoctions but he's a little too spacey sometimes, and there's always some danger of serious injury.

It's bizarre to share space with him. I'm moved out but we have an office together and its hijinks all the time.

The other day i discovered TWO wasps nests underneath the awning of our door. I let him know. Moments later he emerges from his lair with his trusty "ice-melter" (read: flamethrower), runs outside and starts blasting the nests with crazy flames, now we have huge scorch marks on our building. No more wasps though :)