Blue Screen

Discussion in 'OS X' started by actripxl, Jan 17, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

OS X hangs on the blue screen after trying to load up, already tried the repair permision and repair disk with no change in the results. Would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this problem.

2. macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Sounds like something is corrupt, you might have to reinstall OS X. Try booting from the install DVD, and see if that does any good.

3. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What changes did you make to your computer (hardware and software) before this started? :)

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Do you have your HD backed up? You should.
    If you have DiskWarrior, try rebuilding your directory.
    If that doesn't help, can you run DiskUtility and check your SMART status?
    It should read "verified".
    If it verifies, you could do an archive/install booting from your System DVD.

6. macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

I've had this happen several times to clients' computers. In each case to solve the problem I just booted holding Shift. THen booted back to reular mode... Seemed to have repaired..

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Thank for the tips sent guys. Looks like its corrupted data and will just have to reinstall everything over.

8. macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Also, get thee a copy of DiskWarrior.

9. macrumors member

10. macrumors newbie

Hi,

I accidentally changed the settings for my hard drive to 'No Access' for 'Everyone', and now am faced with a blue screen when I turn my Mac on.

Am rather desperate right now as i have a lot of work undone in my mac. Would really appreciate your help! thanks in advance! :)

11. macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

This is happening to me right now guys, I need my MacBook for my project thats due tomorrow and all my info is on the laptop!

I'm going to try and hold C to boot from the CD :(

12. macrumors newbie

Blue screen error

hey im pretty new to this but i just got a macbook pro and installed the microsoft xp and now when i play Age of conan on micrsoft it will be fine for like an hour then a blue screen will quickly appear and disappear then my comp restarts! its a pain in the ass when im Dling stuff any opinions on what to do?

13. macrumors newbie

I just got the blue screen also. I have had this Mac for less then a month and already problems. Is there a post on here showing how to reinstall OS X?

Thanks