Blue Tooth mouse...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AJ Muni, Sep 4, 2005.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

hey guys i bouht a blue tooth apple wireless mouse yesturday, and it seems like everytime i turn it off, it takes forever to turn back on when i open my powerbook again.. if i just close my lid on my pb, and i NEED to turn off the mouse too???

2. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I always leave my powerbook on and the same with bluetooth mouse. When my computer does turn off it does take sometime for it to reconnect. I would just leave it on the entire time...if you don't mind to change the batteries every few months.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i also use the apple bluetooth mouse with my powerbook, and i never turn off the mouse when i put my powerbook to sleep or shut it down entirely (which is rare). i've found that the mouse wakes up "better" and connects to my powerbook more quickly if i start by clicking it rather than just moving it around. somehow, just moving it doesn't seem to wake it up. but clicking a couple of times and then moving it around does get it to connect to my powerbook in just a few seconds...

marianne

4. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

1. Open 'Book.
    2. Turn on BT mouse.
    3. Click and hold.
    4. Connected in about 5 seconds.

:)

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i just let my mouse 'sleep' no problems and its basically always connected.

6. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

thanks for all your advice guys, i jus thought that i was going to be chaning the batteries every 2 weeks, but from what i see and hear, the batteries last a while.....

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

might want to look into rechargable batteries, thats what i have, works nicely, i have four so i can cycle between pairs.

8. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

this was best solution, thanks ohcrap

9. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

Not a problem. :)

10. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Didn't know I can do that. Thanks.

11. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

You're welcome. :)

Tip: If you haven't already, click System Preferences, then click Bluetooth under the Hardware section. In the Settings window, tick the box next to "Show Bluetooth status in the menu bar".

This will allow you to visually see when your BT mouse connects so that you don't have to move it around and watch for cursor movement. ;)