Bluestripe photo? / HVR-A1 less than $2K?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Emrtr4, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Emrtr4 macrumors regular

I am wondering if anyone here has used Bluestripe photo? I am considering buying an HD camcorder through the site such as an HD3, (well now the HD7) but they have an increadible price on the HVR-A1!
    For about four hundred $$$ more than an HCR-HD7 I could buy the HVR-A1 that is a fantastic deal (it is for all intensive purposes a pro camera). The store ratings online are good, but has anyone on this site used bluestripephoto?

Is anyone here aware of a legit place where I can purchase a HVR-A1 for less than $2K?

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

I am highly skeptical... their price for the HVX200 is more than a $1000 too low...

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I wouldn't touch a gray market store like that w/a 10 foot pole.

Lethal

4. Emrtr4 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I dk the price wasnt THAT off Amazon prime has it for $2200 with rebate, which is pretty friken good.

I am thinking of buying that (possibly from amazon prime, prime treats me well) and the next macbookblack (hopefully backlit LED, Santa Rosa core)

5. eb6 macrumors regular

http://www.bwayphoto.com/product.asp?id=snhvra1u
    I've bought from them before. Great prices. But they will call you and try and make you buy a warranty and extra battery and whatnot. Just keep saying no. (unless you want it I guess) But it was worth the price.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Wow...I would never do business with them. Broadway Photo is one of the most notorious scam sites out there...they (and the rest of their aliases) have scored an amazingly low 0.8 out of 10 on ResellerRatings. Consider yourself lucky that you got your stuff.