BlueTake BT500 Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by SilentPanda, Jan 29, 2004.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Well I had to order mine first but.... I just got an e-mail from BuyPCDirect that the BT500 mouse is in stock... yay!

I ordered one. I'll definitely let you know how it works with my iBook once I get it...

I know some people were interested in it so here's the link...

http://www.buypcdirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=43

2. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I just received the mouse about an hour ago and... it works!

The instructions are for Windows only and the software comes on a mini-cd (not good for my slot-loading iBook drive). It's a little iffy though. I just had to turn it off and back on because while the buttons and scroll wheel worked the mouse stopped moving... weird.

This is the important thing though. To get it to connect you *must* set it up as "other device" not as a mouse. The pass key is "0000". *shhh* don't tell anybody... :)

Then it works sorta kinda like a charm. I'll let you know after a few more days of playing around with it (hopefully have it with a picture of a normal Apple mouse). This thing is *tiny*.

3. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Do let me know how that works out for you.

It sounds like a bit of a hassle so far!

4. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Aside from lack of instructions and the few screw ups at the beginning it's working well... I just got through a game of Warcraft III and it served me well.... so far this is the only mouse I know of that doesn't come with a dongle included... MacMice should have one in April but no word if it comes with a dongle or not. No real need for the dongle when it's already built it.

But... after my initial post, so far, so good.

The length of the mouse (for comparison for you 12" G4 iBook owners) is from the latch hole to when the casing slopes down to the keyboard. It's tiny.