bluethooth annoyances

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by DickArmAndHarT, Sep 20, 2004.

1. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004
    I purchased a apple wireless keyboard and mouse last week and i love it but i do find some annoyances. Im using it with my powerbook and when i close it and then open it and when i type my password it said invalid. then i do it on the powerbook keyboard and i get it. Whats up with that. Also on another note does it turn off if its left in active or do you have to turn them off maulaly everytime (i really want the maximum battery time) Thanks for your comments

2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2004
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    I have the same setup as you (PowerBook w/ Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse), and the only trouble I have noticed, is that when you wake your computer from sleep, it may take a few seconds to properly reconnect. So what I would do, is when you wake your computer up, hit a key like the Esc key a few times, which should help send the "hello" signals to the mac so it properly reconnects. once thats done, type your password, and your good to go :)

Also, about battery life, I know the Mouse goes to sleep when its inactive for a period of time, but not 100% sure about the keyboard. I assume it does too though. Also, when your put your PB to sleep, both the mouse and the keyboard 'sleep' too.
  3. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Checking "allow BT devices to wake up the computer" will keep the keyboard/mouse in connection with the Mac so hitting shift or whatever won't be needed. So your bt keyboard and mouse will be just like USb keyboard and mouse in that it'll wkae up your pb. And the BT keyboard works in OS9. Fancy that.