Bluethooth from phone to iBook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by yoak, Nov 6, 2004.

1. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

Hi, I have a problem importing VCards into my address book. I send them from my Sony Ericcson T630 via Bluetooth, my iBook recives them, but when I try to imort them to the the Address Book it says there are no importable VCards.
    What do I do wrong?
    (I bought the phone because it was Mac compatible)

2. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

3. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

yoak

4. Gee macrumors 65816

yeah, basically, use isync to sync your adress book and your calendar between your phone and comp, it's fantastic!

5. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

yoak

hi again.
    I have tried this succesfully to send a vCard FROM my iBook to my phone.
    I can also send them to my iBook, BUT I can´t import the vCard into my address book. Any ideas?

6. Gee macrumors 65816

Hmmm. Generally, iSync will take all of your contacts from your phone, and put them into your address book, and vice versa, so I'm not sure what you're trying, but hey.

To get a vCard into Address book, did you try dragging the vcard file and dropping it onto the Address book icon in the dock. That usually works for importing stuff from one program to another....

7. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

You dont need to do all that, just use iSync and when you set it up make you it syncs your contacts, if you add one in your phone next time you sync it will update it on your laptop/desktop and visa versa.

8. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

yoak

Thanks again Solafaa, you are soooo right.
    I think I have been away from the Mac for to long and tend to overcomplicate things. It´s just that since my last Mac (Performa5400), things are even easier and simpler. I´m just not used to it yet.
    I had forgot to add my phone to the iSync. (I had only paired it with my iBook). It syncronized like a dream.
    :eek: