Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
Portland, OR
Ti PB G4 1 GHz, 512 MB RAM, D-Link Bluetooth

I've run into a bit of an issue with the latest update for Bluetooth services (1.3.3) that appeared last week on the Apple Web site. I use the Apple wireless keyboard and mouse and have enjoyed absolutely mindless installation and no issues running 10.2.8. I updated Bluetooth services while traveling last week using Software Update. No worries with Palm syncs, SonyEricssonT68i syncs or file transfers. Upon returning home, I found that I'd lost the ability to pair the keyboard. Upon attempting to reset the pairing, I could get the Bluetooth Setup Assistant to identify the keyboard and send it a passcode for initialization, but numerous attempts to complete the pairing failed.

Apple Tech Support told me there appeared to be additional complaints about such an issue but had no work-around. I reinstalled the operating system from the PB G4 DVD and did all upgrades to 10.2.8 to get Bluetooth back to 1.3 (before the upgrade). Amazingly, this had no impact on the issue.

I ended up shorting the negative battery terminals (springs) on the keyboard with wire. After reinstalling the batteries, the keyboard successfully paired with the laptop on first pass.

Anyone else seen any issues with Bluetooth 1.3.3 on 10.2.8?

mattroberts

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Canada
I've lost the icon up at the top of my screen. No amoutn of fiddling with the settings gets it to come back. But i've had no problems with the use of it.

cheers

JSB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
Portland, OR
Funny you'd mention the BT icon...before the mess the BT icon appeared at the far left of the various icons I have on the right side of the bar. Now, after the installs, it appears at the far right of these icons, to the right of the time/date. Can't figure that one out either...

jsb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.