Bluetooth 2.0+EDR for Power Mac?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Zoowatch, Oct 20, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    Sheffield, UK
    BT 2.0 is now available in the latest PowerBook and iMac models

how come it never make its way into the latest PowerMac?
  2. macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    It has.

To quote the PowerMac Technical Specifications page: "Networking: Dual 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet ports; integrated wireless antenna; optional AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (build-to-order option or through an Apple Authorized Service Provider)

It's just not a default option as a lot of places don't need wireless with a PowerMac.
  3. macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2005
    Desktops often don't need those things
    /says me who has G5 airported to the base station right next to it :p
  4. macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    Desktops do need Bluetooth for syncing and headsets, as well as Airport for wireless-only networks or places that you don't have CAT5... and people with base stations 3" away from the computer ;)
  5. macrumors 6502a

May 18, 2005
    I believe people are asking too much for Apple to make things like these standard. Not many other PC makers even have the option to put in WiFi/BT into a desktop. Apple should not make them standard in my opinion.

But I don't like how now on the Powermac you must order both or none. Before this revision you could order the BT and Wifi module's seperate or buy them together for a savings. No you have to get both even if you need only one.