Bluetooth Accessory Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by smknappy, Jan 5, 2004.

1. smknappy macrumors member

Nov 21, 2003
    Hi all,

I'm looking into purchasing some new Bluetooth accessories for my powerbook and wanted to see if people had any recommendations.

Specifically, I'd like to get a good mouse. Also, I was wondering if anybody has designed a usb / firewire hub. That is, a hub your computer connects to via bluetooth, but that connects to devices via usb / firewire. (Not sure if this is even possible, but don't see any reasons as to why not.)

Thanks in advance!
  2. cpjakes macrumors 6502

Aug 15, 2003
    Buffalo, NY
    By "good mouse," I'm guessing you want something with more than one button. I think that leaves Logitech and M$, but I have no experience with them.

As for your Bluetooth-to-USB, I think there are print servers, but I doubt it works with any USB device, especially storage devices.

3. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

May 30, 2003
    Connecticut, USA
    Anyone use the Belkin mouse?Here's a link..

I haven't seen it for sale anywhere... just on eBay and there is currently only one there for sale.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Salling Clicker for bluetooth Sony Ericcson phones and for Palm equipped Bluetooth Handhelds. It is only $10 and can control everything on the computer. A great program and it has a great WOW factor as well..
  4. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    I don't know exactly what Bluetooth's bandwidth is, but I seriously doubt that it is even close to fast enough for even USB 1.0 to not choke up. Although, an Airport Extreme based external HD might seriously kick some ass!

Maybe that's the dark horse sleeper that we don't expect but will see tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.
  5. mattroberts macrumors regular

Oct 25, 2003
    BT's bandwidth varies. I get 16-35k speeds from my t616 to my PB.