Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
i saw Apple dropped the price of bluetooth in the Mac mini today which is good. here is my question:

all other Mac models (ie. the iMac G5) have an option to buy the bluetooth module, the wireless keyboard, and the wireless mouse for $99. why for the Mac mini does the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse STILL cost $99 but then you have to add bluetooth as an extra even higher cost?

thoughts?

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
canyonblue737 said:
i saw Apple dropped the price of bluetooth in the Mac mini today which is good. here is my question:

all other Mac models (ie. the iMac G5) have an option to buy the bluetooth module, the wireless keyboard, and the wireless mouse for $99. why for the Mac mini does the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse STILL cost $99 but then you have to add bluetooth as an extra even higher cost?

thoughts?

errr mac mini is the budget model ....batteries not included :D

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002
Well, because the iMac already comes with the $55 keyboard + mouse combo. When you upgrade it for $99, you are upgrading the $55 keyboard + mouse to a wireless one and adding a bluetooth module. It ends up being the same cost.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
jadam said:
Well, because the iMac already comes with the $55 keyboard + mouse combo. When you upgrade it for $99, you are upgrading the $55 keyboard + mouse to a wireless one and adding a bluetooth module. It ends up being the same cost.

that makes sense, i missed thinking of it that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.