Bluetooth and Noise cancelling Headphones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jnicolso1, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jnicolso1 macrumors member

I am looking for a set of headphones that does it all, I would like Bluetooth, Noise cancellation and a microphone so that I can take calls on my phone without having to take them off. If any one has heard of such a beast a recomendation would be appreciated.

2. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

If such a thing exsists it would have to be attatched to a car battery so it could have some decent battery life. I don't have a pair of the Bose noise canceling headphones but I know that they drain the iPod battery something fierce. But BT headphones are pretty scarce as it is and aren't the best so I doubt it will get noise cancelation anytime soon.

3. jnicolso1 thread starter macrumors member

I think you might be right, but it would be great I could listen to my ipod on the train in peace and take a call without having to take off one set of headphones, It might require lithium batteries but given that it would probably be pretty expensive anyway, that might not be a deal breaker.

4. stillwater macrumors regular

Where did you hear that? I have a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort headphones and have observed no problem with battery drain compared with other headphones. After all, the Bose 'phones have their own batteries to power the noise cancelling circuitry.

5. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

this is completely untrue. Bose (or any brand) active noise-cancelling headphones do not draw any more power than normal headphones. They are powered by their own batteries.

6. jnicolso1 thread starter macrumors member

Other than battery life is there any particular compelling technical reason why this headphone system would not work, it would be possible to cobble together something with the bose headphones and a stereo bluetooth transmitter but an all in one combination would apeal to the mobile professional.