Bluetooth Cell Phone Headset on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by KittenKrusher, Jul 24, 2005.

1. KittenKrusher macrumors regular

I was just curious if anyone has ever tried using a cell phone bluetooth headset on their powerbook or other mac with bluetooth. I wanna get a Jabra headset for my razr v3 and thought it would be even cooler to be able to use it on skype on my powerbook.

2. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

I have a Motorola HS820 and it works beautifully.

3. ToastCabbit macrumors member

I'm not even close to being an expert on the bluetooth headset front, but I'll point out that Sony Ericsson seems to be a very dependable company and Mobilebee.com has their HBH-600 on sale for $57.99! My goal is to use Skype with this as well. Any warnings why this is a bad idea from anyone?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

My Jabra has sat around unused for quite a while, but I think I'm going to get it back out and charge it and start trying to use it again. I used it quite heavily in the first year or so that I had it.

5. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

I'm using the Nokia HDW-3 Bluetooth headset with Skype. Works fantastically! Infact I usually call out then go chill in the back garden and it picks up signal perfectly well.

6. FireArse macrumors 6502a

HBH-65 works fine!

Hey,

I thought of exaclty the same thing, and paired my Sony Ericsson HBH-65. You then have to select the sounds input and output in System Preferences.

As for Skype & iChat AV, they work great! When I start having battery issues with this unit - il need a unit wit longer battery time!

FireArse

7. drno9999 macrumors newbie

I use a Cardo Scala-500 with my cell phone, and I was able to connect it just fine with my Pbook. Works well with ichat.