Bluetooth-enabled iPods?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Lazza72, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Lazza72 macrumors newbie

I was reading a great review of the new MacBooks, and bang, I had a great idea (in my opinion). Wouldn't it be great if they had bluetooth or wifi enabled iPods.
    With the bluetooth capabilities in the new Macs, I don't think they are using the full ability. If there was bluetooth or wifi iPods, you could add songs, photos and videos to your iPod, wirelessly. Of course it would have to be close to the Mac. It would also be very hard for windows laptop manufacturers to compete with this.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Have you any idea how slow Bluetooth is? You'd be waiting for ages just to sync a few songs...

WiFi would be fast enough but would drain the iPod batteries very quickly.

3. copperhead macrumors member

the idea of wirelessly adding music to ipods is good, who knows what technology will be used for that tho. i bet it will be incorporated into future ipods, just maybe not the near future.

4. natemonster macrumors member

natemonster

bluetooth would be slow and use up battery. wifi would be nice but after copying songs you would have to charge it in your mac.

5. JDN macrumors 6502a

If Apple were going to have wireless music transfer then UWB would probably be the best option.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-wideband

I doubt we will see wireless capabilities in the iPod for a long time to come though.