Bluetooth File Transfer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NCTRNL, May 8, 2005.

1. NCTRNL macrumors regular

With Panther I could Browse my cell phone with the bluetooth file wizard and it would allow me to save my pics from my phone onto my computer. I have a Sony S700i. Now with Tiger I get to the point to open that folder with the Bluetooth File Manager and it just says Operation Complete and it won't download anything. I also tried 'Image Capture' and it doesn't work either. Anyone have any fixes? I searched and found nothing.

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

oh my god - thank god somebody else has this problem!

i have the same issue - i have a moto razr v3 and it does all the passcode stuff and then up brings up the file browse window with 'connecting to blah blah' and then it just says operation failed..

i use this feature every day, so i'm a bit concerned about it not working. does anyone else have any ideas?

3. NCTRNL thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, everything is exactly the way it was before except it won't show the files to download. It still works on the Windows PC I use at work...

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Have you tried 'pairing' them from the phone rather than from the Mac?

I had this problem with my SE K700 when after pairing them from the Mac, iSync would fail and the Bluetooth Exchange was temperamental. Deleting the pair and then adding the Mac from the phone helped.

5. rdweaver macrumors member

I'm having the same problem as asif786, please someone help before I throw my V3 Razr under a bus

6. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

I don't have BT on the computer I'm at now, so can't test this, but... have you tried first opening AddressBook and clicking on the BlueTooth icon in the toolbar there? That keeps the two devices connected.... Not sure if it will help or not.

7. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

hey..mine seems to have fixed itself. but it did that last time too and stopped working again.

i think it might be a problem with the phone os, because i tried syncing files with two other phones and it worked fine..

8. rdweaver macrumors member

It's fixed!!! I tried to send a photo from my photo folder on the phone and the phone restarted/reset itself??? However I can now browse and send and receive files no problem, using the phone or bluetooth file tansfer. I have no idea why or how this happened but I'm happy for now unless it stops working again. Perhaps your right about the phones os.