Bluetooth File Transfer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TheBusDriver, Nov 23, 2006.

1. TheBusDriver macrumors 6502

Dec 24, 2005
    ok how do you transfer music from iTunes to a motorola Razr V3 via bluetooth?
  2. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Feb 10, 2006
    Western Australia
    I dont think you can do it right out of iTunes.

find the music files on your filesystem in finder...

when you know where they are, you can 'send a file' from the bluetooth icon in your finder toolbar, find the file/location, and away it goes.

perhaps someone has a fast and cool way to send files out of a regular finder browser? I'm always doing it out of the bluetooth icon up in the toolbar...
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    A quick way to find the file location from within iTunes is to select the track and press COMMAND-R. You may want to use iTunes' converting/importing feature to make a copy of the song with a lower bitrate and, if you're wanting to use it as a ring tone, a different start/finish time. :)
  4. hfbm macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2010
    Bluetooth picture transfers from phone to iMac

I'm trying to xfr pics from my phone (Samsung Rogue) to my iMac via bluetooth... any suggestions? They are paired, but when I send it, there's no indication that it's gone or where I will find it on my iMac.

Thanks in advance for any help!
  5. sinatra87 macrumors newbie

May 25, 2011
    I'm not familiar that particular image file format, but I know that to send a file from iTunes all one has to do is:

1. After clicking on the appropriate file, simultaneously press command, shift, and the letter R, to show the file's location in Finder. (Alternatively, the file can be right-clicked, and "show in Finder" selected from the menu.)

2. Right click on the file, and from the menu select "open with -> other -> utilities -> Bluetooth File Exchange."

From there simply follow the normal procedure to connect to a device and transfer the file.