Bluetooth firmware issues...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eyeon, Jan 11, 2006.

1. eyeon macrumors regular

Apr 7, 2004
    Montana, USA
    This is the first time in my history of Mac ownership that I have had a problem with a software update. Up until now, I had considered myself lucky, reading posts from other users who've had strange problems after updating... I guess now it's my turn...

I installed the updates yesterday (onto my G5), and included in those was the Bluetooth Firmware Update 1.2 -- when I download and install it, the application screen comes up that says, "searching for device to update", then switches to, "preparing to update device", then back to, "searching..." -- this swaps back and forth for about 7 or 8 minutes, and then it just gives up. When I click "close", a window pops up that says, "are you sure? You haven't updated your bluetooth firmware...", and I say yes, because that's my only option. The wierd thing is that now, when I go to Software Update, the same Bluetooth 1.2 Firmware update shows up in the queue, as if I haven't downloaded it. I have tried re-downloading it, and that doesn't help anything. I have repaired permissions, and restarted numerous times. Oh yes, and now the Bluetooth icon is missing from System Preferences.

Any suggestions?

Also, just out of curiosity, how do I check my current Bluetooth firmware version? I installed the updates to my Powerbook without a hitch, although I don't recall seeing anything about a firmware update in the queue... I wanted to check to see if I had the latest versoin.

Thanks a ton.
  2. jihad the movie macrumors regular

Jun 18, 2003
    Smugtown, NY
    I have the same problem, and I have no idea how to fix it either.
  3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2005
    Try this. Go to System Preferences. Then Software update. Then Installed updates tab and see if you did down load the b/t update. As for the PB there was no update that I know of