Bluetooth gone after update

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Noiseboy, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Noiseboy macrumors regular

Has anyone else had any Bluetooth problems after the recent update?
    I use BT a lot and after installing the update from SU a couple of days ago it has stopped working. The preference pane has gone from system prefs and the menu bar icon says Bluetooth unavailable. I have a 1.33 Gig 17" Pb with built in BT which has worked perfectly up until now including internet access via GPRS on my t68i.
    Along with Safari and Mail crashing and Kernel panics I'm getting a little hacked off with Panther.

Well, I'm sure you will all be pleased to note that after an hour with the Apple tech from Texas and a pram reset my computer now acknowledges that it does have a BT module after all and is back to working fine. He suggests an archive and install for all the other grief and notes that he had the same problems with his own Mac when he upgraded to Panther, after an A&I everything is working well.

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I had the same problem with my 17" PowerBook, a hard shut-down and start-up brought it back to life straight away.

I didn't need to reset the P-RAM, but I have noticed an increase in speed and distance in the BT system to my T610 phone.

3. bcleland macrumors member

Hey how do you like your T610? How is the reception? I have the nokia 3650 and i am tired of it.

btw my bt update did not seem to change anything it works just fine....

4. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

my BT is working but i lost the little BT indicator :( It won't come back even after i check the option in the control panel.

anybody else have this?

matt

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

The T610 is a great little phone, but I think we get much better reception in the UK than in the States, I've seen a lot of comment about poor reception fom US-based users.

The BT is very nice on it, I've got the alert running on the powerbook so that when a call arrives the caller gets posted on the screen.

Camera's not much cop, but what do you expect, it's a phone:D

6. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

i have the t616 same phone except uses the 850 band for north america. don't buy the t610 for use state side grab the t616 off cingular.

cheers
    matt