Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saskamac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
I'm a little confused about bluetooth headphones and Imacs/ipads. Is it right that the 27" imac doesn't support bluetooth audio but the Ipad does?

If the Ipad/Ipod supports them does anyone know of some good ones that are reasonably priced? i.e $75 range.

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
If you truly care about Audio quality, you should avoid wireless headphones. There's a reason why Audiophile headphones/earphones are always wired, you know.

As of now we don't really know what the iPad will support via. Bluetooth, but assuming it's the same as the iPhone, then it's really not a lot.

flanger

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
I'm also interested in bluetooth headphone suggestions (despite the loss of audio quality). I assume that the supported models will be the same as those of the iPhone.

murc585

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
I bought the Motorola S9-HD for about $100 last fall and they have been great. They wrap around the back of your head and feel very light. The battery life is good and it even has a mic for voice calls. It support full stereo bluetooth streaming and the quality is extremely good for a wireless set. It also has a bass boost button that makes it sound more like a real pair of headphones. All controls are working with android on my nexus one, but I remember some functions didnt work on my old iphone 3g s. I ended up using voice control to change tracks. I only recommend products that have been good to me and the S9-HD's have done me wonders.

sactownbwoy

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2008
If you truly care about Audio quality, you should avoid wireless headphones. There's a reason why Audiophile headphones/earphones are always wired, you know.

As of now we don't really know what the iPad will support via. Bluetooth, but assuming it's the same as the iPhone, then it's really not a lot.

If you truly care about audio quality you wouldn't be using an iPad to listen to music

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
There is one current issue with the iPhone OS and bluetooth headphones. When watching video, it is often out-of-sync and requires a headphone reset to fix. Even then it is not perfect. Hopefully Apple addressed this in the 3.2 software, but that remains to be seen.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I'd avoid the s9-HD they worked great for the first few months now they drop the signal 4-5 times a minute and it's do frustrating.

Saskamac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
Is audio quality seriously degraded? I already have a good set of wired for the Imac, but I'm thinkin' of wireless for setting up the ipad and then wandering and working around the house.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
I may pick up a pair of the Moto ROKR's S9HD and see how I like them. My Uncle has the Rocketfish bluetooth headphones from Best Buy and thoroughly enjoys them, seen here.

heathpitts

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2003
I had the S9-HDs with my 3Gs and all the controls worked for me. I didn't like the rigid band though and returned them for the S7-HD Rokr model. More comfortable for how I use them but the controls for audio do not work! The phone controls work well. Great sound also

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.