Bluetooth headphones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tuartboy, Aug 4, 2005.

1. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

I have done a bit of searching online for this, but I'm not finding much info.

I think Logitech's bluetooth headphones are like the "top thing" right now but I have a few questions:

Can anyone tell me if bluetooth headphones are worth it? It wouldn't be worth it to me if the quality was poor.

Does the logitech model specifically support other bluetooth devices? I wouldn't want it for just ipod use but for my powerbook as well.

Anyone know of one that can do more or is better than that one?

Thanks. Figure if I can't afford a 2405fpw soon, i might be able to satisfy some technolust... ;)

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

By the looks of the part that goes on the iPod (it had the 1/8" and another little nub thing) I don't think it would work on your computer USING THAT RECEIVER. No clue if your PB already has BT if it will work though. Call logitech and ask!

3. tuartboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

i did read that it uses BT 1.2 but i also read it doesn't work with other devices. that was from cnet though, not sure if they even tried really.

4. tuartboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

bump. anyone?

cmon, someone else out there has to have thought about this and done some research!

5. tuartboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

ok, i found a guy who confirmed that he could use toshiba's bt headphones with his powerbook. Story here.

Now I am happy about that, but does anyone notice the uncanny similarity between Toshiba's model and logitech's?

I think they are one and the same. In that case Logitech's would work with the PB and also include an adapter to hook into the ipod. That would be a steal.

6. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

There is also one made by Motorola. You can get it pretty cheap off eBay. It's the Motorola HT820. I'm going to pick one off eBay soon.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Oh man, there are a tonne of BT headphones out there. Seriously, the list is too long.

However, since I didn't know that someone made a BT wireless headphone to fit with an iPod, maybe I'm a bit out of the loop? Anyway, I'm also thinking about getting BT headphones, but I have no intention with using it on my iPod. I plan on using one with my Powerbook to use Skype, and with my mobile phone while I'm driving.

Check out these companies:

Sony Ericsson
    Motorola
    Nokia
    Belkin
    Bluetake
    Logitech
    Flamingo (a bit expensive)
    Jabra (expensive)
    Samsung

and lots more. SE makes good ones, and if you have a SE mobile phone, your BT headphones use the same charger as your mobile, I believe.

8. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I bet 5 Gen iPod (ok maybe 6th) will go wireless, with a whole new silhouette dance campaign about being unwired for sound.