Bluetooth headphones

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FongMan, Sep 15, 2006.

1. FongMan macrumors regular

FongMan

2. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

3. FongMan thread starter macrumors regular

FongMan

are you sure cause i tried connecting my dad's cellphone headset to the comp and that needed the passkey

4. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

The manual will give instructions on pairing the headphones to the MBP.

they look interesting - I might pick up a set for myself for watching movies in my apartment.

5. FongMan thread starter macrumors regular

FongMan

i don't think it'll give instructions for the MBP cause it says it's for the iPod (it comes with an adapter to fit the iPod) so more than likely those connect no prob, butwe gonna have to use bluetooth setup

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

It's been covered before. The Mac needs A2??-something I keep forgetting in the Bluetooth profile. It's not supported.

7. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

The adaptor looks like it would fit in the line out in the MBP, but I couldn't guarantee. I watched the video on cNet, and had a look at the adaptor.

8. FongMan thread starter macrumors regular

FongMan

i just went and bought it, i was told i can return it if anything. it requires a passkey. that i cannot find, but i used the extention cable and the iPod adapter and plugged into MBP and it works fine.

9. jjsoh macrumors newbie

ive been reading around and the passkey seems to be 0000. can you try and see if BT works with the adapter dangling from the comp?

10. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Once again I think it's been mentioned before - it will pair with the Mac, but it won't work. The device will pair but the Mac's Bluetooth stack hasn't got the correct profile protocol support in order for the phones to work. You'll need to plug in the supplied transmitter (a rather large blob) into the headphone/Line out socket.