Bluetooth in the 'Books first

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by goldmember, Jul 25, 2002.

1. goldmember macrumors newbie

It seems to me that, given the release date of Jaguar, and the fact that Apple will most likely update their notebooks in the fall (like they did last year), the iBook and PowerBook will get built-in bluetooth before the rest of the line.

There's also the fact that the most recent Ti revision abandoned IrDa and the iBook has never had it.

2. synergy macrumors regular

Possible. Its not too expensive to put bluetooth on board now. I guess we will see if they come on the desktops or not. Rumors say no.

3. mr.w macrumors regular

I really hope we see built in bluetooth soon. I just bought a sony ericsson T68i ( The same one that was at MWNY ) and I would like to have the ability to connect it to my computer.

4. terramax macrumors newbie

RAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAM...you get the picture

They just need to add 266Mhz DDR Ram aswel. Then the TiBook really rocks!

5. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I think the portable line should be the first with bluetoothe I do a lot of Powerpint with my Ti and I would love to control the computer without wires.

6. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Me too :) I waited till I got my phone before I bought a bluetooth usb thing. Once I got my phone I tried to buy one from Apple's online store (in Australia) but there's still a wait of 3-4 weeks. I thought they'd fixed that...?

7. Curiousstrngmint macrumors member

When in the fall?

I need to buy a computer for college really really soon, but if they'll be making the new powerbooks, say, the first week of September, I don't want to run my Titanium 800 Mhz the first time and see "New 1ghz Powerbooks!" So does anybody have any idea WHEN they'll update the laptops in the fall? When did they do it last year?

8. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

Re: When in the fall?

Apple has a much less regimented and predicteable update schedule now. But 5-7 months is usually about a reasonable time frame for Apple. The TiBooks were updated in late April, so maybe late September at the earliest for a revision, but maybe not until November?

9. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Re: When in the fall?

Just buy one now...the sooner you buy, the more time there is till the next update and the better you'll feel...and they came out not too long ago anyway...