BlueTooth iPod

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mowogg, Dec 20, 2004.

1. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

The "Technical Tidbits" column of the January 2005 Road & Track magazine has an article about Bluetooth integration in automobiles. The author says that SAAB is working on a bluetooth iPod connection. It may be incorrect, but there it is. I don't know if bluetooth has enough bandwidth to support streaming of 128bit audio. Also, what would that do to the iPod battery life?
    Just thought I'd throw it out there.

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Bluetooth has a raw bandwidth of 1Mbps, and with various optimization capacities, I'm sure it would handle 128bit audio quite nicely.

As for battery life, if Saab is indeed looking to support iPod in an integrated fashion, I'm sure they've included a charger stand or some other feature in a dashboard mount. Otherwise, perhaps the BT transmitter would have it's own battery?

3. .G. macrumors newbie

The new phone

Main idea in the blue tooth iPod is to work with phones, to be percise, camera and vid phones. Live streaming and recording to the iPod of auido conversations, saving longer videos and transfering pictures faster. Also, larger files can not literally be phoned in.

I have followed the iPod developments closely, working with phones is much more practicle, and I have said this multiple times here on mac rumors.

Oh and, think motorola.

4. mowogg thread starter macrumors 6502

mowogg

BlueTooth iPof

Hey yeah! A add-on Bluetooth adapter like the FM transmitter. Good call.