Bluetooth iPods Soon?

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Apr 4, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Stuff Magazine claims that despite a quiet 30th anniversary weekend for Apple, they have been working hard on a long rumored Bluetooth iPod.

The accompanying accessories are said to include bluetooth headphones, and the ability to broadcast to your car speakers.

A bluetooth enabled iPod has been long rumored, with multiple hints over the years (patent image describing an wireless iPod).

Steve Jobs, however, had previously stated that Bluetooth in the iPod wasn't a great option since the sound quality wasn't great and constantly recharging headphones was cumbersome.

2. macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

Thats nice....now give me one

3. macrumors 6502a

Figures, I JUST bought a 30GB video iPod after the anniversy passed :(

4. macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

nice

although it would be an option for sure... not something that is required

not everyone has access to bluetooth

5. macrumors regular

Forget that...release the video iPod

6. macrumors member

or maybe even.... a bluetooth video iPod!!!!!!11!!!1!!1111one

7. macrumors 65816

amac4me

We all know what happens when Jobs denies a product. Case in point ... the Video capable iPod

8. macrumors regular

Are there any solidly confirmed health risks of bluetooth exposure? I assume it's not as bad as a cellphone but I could be wrong.

9. macrumors 65816

rye9

I don't see a great benefit with these though... I dont mind wired headphones.

10. macrumors 65816

DTphonehome

Speaking of "Quiet"...

Speaking of a "quiet 30th Anniversary weekend", WTF is with Apple? Not even acknowledging it with a graphic on their website? I mean, seriously! Everyone in the media and in the computer biz is giving Apple major kudos on a huge anniversary, and Apple doesn't say boo? Seriously, WTF?

11. macrumors newbie

Just what I was thinking. If Jobs denies it, then Apple is almost always going to release it at a future date :cool: .

12. macrumors regular

Sam*

Also someone could easilt steal the headphones stragiht off your heAD:eek:

13. macrumors regular

you do have the ability to return the iPod within 14 days, (supposing you bought it directly from Apple), althought I believe there is a restocking fee.

14. macrumors 68000

Spock

I agree, the wires are not bad at all, I think I would lose Wireless headphones anyway! This would be a bad move I think Steve has said in the past You cant take away a feature once its in place I dont like the idea

15. macrumors 65816

rye9

Excellent point... ppl steal iPods themselves... now you'd be paying $30 a month just to listen to the iPod.

16. macrumors 6502

I CAN NOT stand running with my iPod because wires are going all over the place and the arm band just scraps against my side. It's so bothersome that its rendered my iPod Shuffle useless. Give my a wireless nano (or nano-like) iPod that I can stick on my belt or even under that laces of my shoe and I'll be happy. I hope it will be better than this rumored product because it looks pretty darn good!

17. macrumors G3

bigandy

i'll believe it when i see it :rolleyes:

18. hob
    macrumors 68020

hob

I hope bluetooth neckphones are available

for those of you that don't know they look a little something like this

[​IMG]

except where there's a middle-aged woman, there would be me.
    and where there's a cable there would be none!

I have some Panasonic ones that I keep re-buying when they eventually break, because they're so comfortable and portable, and non inner-ear intrusive!

19. macrumors regular

why bother

I don't care - unless the bluetooth is embedded in the video iPod. though I think the video iPod discussion is beginning to sound a bit like the G5 Powerbook discussion.
    I had hoped for something new today - from Apple - as I wanted to buy myself a birthday gift...
    Guess it is time for the new Alpine dual-din head unit for my car... oh wait - that isn't out yet either :mad:

20. macrumors 6502

boncellis

I don't see myself ever using wireless headphones, but including bluetooth functionality within the iPod is something I have been looking forward to. I would really like the wireless integration with car kits and the wireless syncing (Apple has made it a point to make bluetooth standard in more of its machines).

The other thing that makes me wonder about this "news" is that it's from "Stuff" which could mean that it's completely false, or that it's more reliable because of the distance between them and the Apple community.

21. macrumors 68020

freeny

Blue tooth... yawn.

Wheres the full screen???

22. macrumors 6502a

Philberttheduck

as long as its together (or released together), i wouldn't mind. however, i'm more concerned with a video ipod, period. as long as the video ipod is released, i could really care less if it had bluetooth integrated.

bluetooth sounds appealing, but like all you guys have stated, a wire isn't so bad. especially with top-notch headphones in shure and etymotics.

23. macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Unless they make it sound considerably better than my bluetooth handsfree unit for my cell, I'm not interested.

24. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

So BlueTooth headphones give you brain cancer?

I can just see the iPod ad for that one ;)

25. macrumors 6502

i definately want a bluetooth ipod... i dont really care about video i just want the music :)