Bluetooth Issues

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by PrometheusG5, Jun 25, 2004.

1. PrometheusG5 macrumors member

I use a Jabra BT250 headset with my PowerBook, mainly to use Word's nifty audio notes feature. Since I don't need it all the time, I keep it powered off when not in use. However, on 2 occasions, Mac OS seems to have "forgotten" the pairing, and I have to go through the pairing process. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, had anyone use Microsoft's Bluetooth mouse? Does it work with the IntelliMouse Mac drivers that come with its other mice? I bought a Logitech MX900, and while overall I like it, the inability to use its full potential (faster tracking, programmable buttons) kind of limits it use. Why does Logitech have such poor Mac support, I wonder?

At least I can get the Exposé mouse button options to work.

2. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I have the Bluetooth Optical Desktop and it works well with Mac OS X, but you have no customization options. It is not compatible with the MS drivers, but you can customize the extra buttons to work with Exposé, which is neat, but not very useful in my opinion.

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I was just looking at the MS mouse drivers on VersionTracker and noticed that they haven't been updated since September of last year, so hopefully Microsoft will bring things up to date.

4. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

How programmable is the bluetooth Logitech keyboard (or even wired keyboard for that matter) with OS X? I'd like to use the multimedia functions to control iTunes, but if there is limited compatability, I'll save my money...