Bluetooth keyboard for gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by neonart, Mar 13, 2005.

1. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

I've been thinking of getting a bluetooth keyboard for my G5, but I don't want to mess up gaming.

Does anyone use the Apple keyboard for gaming?
    Any issues?
    Does it constantly need batteries?

Thank you!

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

the BT mouse works fine for gaming, but I haven't used the KB. I just use the mouse with my PB. Have a friend who says his works fine for gaming, but I have no first hand experience with it.

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I t would probably be fine, but you might have to worry about changing the batteries probably on a monthly basis. Depending on how much you use it.

4. applekid macrumors 68020

I hear the keyboard is fine. It doesn't fall asleep, unlike most BT devices when they try to conserve energy.

I find it odd that Apple's mouse has caused you no problem, yoda13. I've read in many places the mouse just sucks because it does fall asleep at times. Maybe Apple fixed it since I last read.

However, the only BT mouse that I've heard that has no sleeping problems is the MX900 because of how they designed the USB module to talk to the mouse. Unfortunately, there are no Mac drivers, so you can't use the USB cradle as a BT module and can't program the buttons easily. However, the mouse itself works fine (as long as you want a 2-button + scroll mouse).

5. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard works great. no lag or delay what-so-ever, and the batteries I had lastest 6 Months (4 AA). The Bluetooth Mouse is great too, no lag or delay either, and no, the mouse does not fall asleep 'constantly' like people are making it out to be. It will fall asleep after so many minutes of inactivity, but rarely will it happen in the middle of a game (hasnt happened to me)

6. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I've used both the mouse and the keyboard for gaming without issue. They work fine. The biggest problem I've had is I can't get the mouse to track fast enough as I play FPS's mostly. I have a graphics tablet so use my multi button mouse now, being able to toggle down the site and change weapons without having to use the keyboard is a great help.
    But in answer to your question apple's BT accessories work great for gaming.

7. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Maybe I just got a good example :D

I am not a frequent gamer, but I have played some MOH, KOTOR, and a little BF 1942 and it has never fallen asleep on me. That is all I use it for. If I am not gaming, then I don't use it, but maybe I am just lucky.

8. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

I have the Apple Wireless Keyboard and as the other have said it works fine and doesn't show any sign of lag at all, just like having a wired keyboard :)

9. neonart thread starter macrumors 65816

neonart

SCHWEET!

Thanks for all the replies. Im going to get my G5 Bluetoothed ASAP and get the Apple Keyboard.

I have a Logitech MX510 and it's absolutely the best mouse I've ever used- so Im sticking with it. I assume the MX1000 is better and cordless, but I don't want to buy another mouse.