Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Hi

I have an Apple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse with a bluetooth dongle for my G4 and have the following problems-

- G4 won't discover bluetooth devices when turned on so they have to be set up each time;
- Keyboard goes crazy at times repeating typed characters at times like crazy and locking you out of fixing it.

Anyone else have problems like this? Ideas on whether it's the keyboard or possibly the software or bluetooth module? Or does this just happen with these devices?

For reference, I am using 10.3.5 and the latest bluetooth firmware.

Responses appreciated. Thanks.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I'm starting to have problems with my BT Keyboard. It seems to coincide with using AirPort Express audio streaming. The connection to the keyboard gets dropped every few minutes. Pretty annoying. Haven't had problems with keys being repeated though. I figure it's just something wrong the last BT update.

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I found that I had similar problems when I first installed my BT mouse and keyboard. It wouldnt re-discover the mouse or keyboard after I put my powerbook to sleep. What I found works is to repeatedly press the mouse button and wiggle it. it should work after a few seconds without have to re-pair it. same with the keyboard, just hit a couple keys repeatedly until it responses.

I dont know what to tell you about your keyboard going crazy, there must be some kind of interference going on somewhere...

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Well, now that you mention it, I am using Airport Express (in addition to the wireless network we already have)... will try turning some of those off and see what happens... will let you guys know, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.