Bluetooth Keyboard with trackpad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by poppe, Dec 23, 2006.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Hello,

I'm looking for a keyboard with a trackpad or something so that I can have one item on my bed to run my whole computer. Any suggestions? I searched here and on google but kept finding things that weren't right.

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i've not seen anything like this, but may i suggest a BT trackball or learning the keyboard commands. you really can do everything with a keyboard in OSX; Spotlight and Quicksilver are great tools.

3. JAT macrumors 603

No Bluetooth, but Adesso makes an all-in-one with RF. Cope with the dongle.

4. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Do you have a link?

Yeah I really need to learn the commands and everything. I even wrote them all down once.... perhaps that is what I'll do. I just really wanted to lay in my bed and just use a trackpad or some device that is a mouse built into a keyboard

5. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

6. JAT macrumors 603

7. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

why would anyone need to be able to type and control the keyboard with just one hand while they are in bed? I can take one guess:eek:........

8. dylan macrumors 6502

Mouse Keys allows you to use your numberpad as a mouse. With Mouse Keys enabled any wireless keyboard should work for you (I'd recommend Apples excellent wireless keyboard.).

Just open up System Preferences, then Universal Access. Make the mouse section look like this:

[​IMG]

You can use the number 5 to click, the surrounding numbers move the cursor.

9. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Haha bad bad mind. Actually that thought never crossed my mind. I actually want one because I would rather have the convince of one thing on the bed, and not having to deal with a mouse and/or something for the mouse to rest upon and work....

Thats Awesome!! Ok I'll check this out when I get home and see if this will work!